Recruitment of Law Officers (On Contract Basis) - 2007-08 in State Bank of India
These LOs will be posted in Ahmedabad, Bengal, Bhopal, Chandigarh, North Eastern, Lucknow, Mumbai and Patna Circles. Candidates willing to serve in above circles only should apply. While candidates may be selected for a circle, their services, in future, may be used anywhere in India.
- Post : Law officer
- No. of Vacancy : 25 posts (UR-15, SC-3,ST-1OBC-6)
- Qualification : Graduation in Law with 50% marks.
- Remuneration : Rs 3.50 Lacs after passing the evaluationtest and completion of their probation period. Of the total remuneration payableto these officers, Fixed Pay will be 70% and Variable Pay will be 30%. During the probation period, these LOs shall be paid fixed consolidated monthly emoluments of Rs 24,000/- per month
- Age : The minimum age for the post is 21 years and maximum 30 years.(Relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ ST/ OBC Category candidates available as per Government of India Guidelines).
- Experience : Candidates should have minimum three years experience after enrollment with Bar Council, as a practicing advocate or as a Law Officer in a Public / Private Sector Bank preferably in the field of International Law, Labour Law/IR, Criminal Law, IT-vendor negotiation. Candidates with experience / proficiency in Financial / Corporate / Commercial Law will be given preference.
- Selection Procedure : Selection will be done through Open competition (i.e. written test and interview). The written test will be held on or around 27th January 2008.
Fee : Rs.250/- (Rs.50/- for SC/ST/PWD/XS candidates) in the form of DD in favour of "STATe BANK OF INDIA 2007" payable at Mumbai.
How to Apply : The eligible candidates need to apply in prescribed application form and mail it to Post Box No. 9054, Goregaon (East) Post Office, Mumbai-400063 by ordinary post to reach on or before 19/12/2007.
For more information kindly see http://forms.sbi.co.in/Law_Officer_Detail_20071129.pdf and Application form is available at http://forms.sbi.co.in/Law_Officer_Form_20071129.pdf